Applying for a green card for a family member

Being a state that shares a border with Mexico, is it not surprising that immigration is a hot topic in the area. Whether you were born in the United States and have citizenship as a result of that or whether you came to the U.S. from another country and became a citizen through the naturalization process, you may well have a spouse or other family members who are not citizens that you would like to be in the U.S. with you.

There are different ways that you may petition the government for this type of thing. A Green Card is what will give a person permanent residency in the U.S. as explained by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. However, a Green Card may only be requested for select people.

You cannot petition for a future spouse to obtain a Green Card but you may request this for your current spouse. There is a special fiance or fiancee visa for a person that you are planning to marry. If you are 21 years old or older, you may also seek a Green Card for your brothers, sisters, mother and father. If you have children, you may also initiate a petition for them to obtain Green Cards.

If you would like to learn more about how you might be able to bring your family members to the United States to be with you once you have secured citizenship, please feel free to visit the family green card page of our Arizona immigration and naturalization website.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Even A Minor Violation Can Threaten Your Immigration Status. We Can Help Protect Your Future.

email us for a response

Tell Us About Your Case Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly, or call us directly at 928-597-0939.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Visit Our Office In Yuma, Arizona

Keep in touch
225 S 2nd Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364

Phone: 928-597-0939
Yuma Law Office Map

office location

Contact us

Visa - MasterCard - American Express - Discover Network